UPDATED STATEWIDE GUIDELINES PERTAINING TO GOLF FACILITIES IN MASSACHUSETTS
(Updated on Mass.gov on 10/1/20; Effective on 10/5/20)
The Governor and his Administration made two important updates to the golf specific guidance inclusive of the allowance of Double Rider carts for all golfers and the option for Removal of Flagsticks with Hole Liners no longer being required. These allowances will be statewide and not specific to lower risk communities.
NOTICE: Golf courses and facilities may use these specific allowances as they see fit for their daily golf operations. We ask that you continue to exercise caution and care for the well-being of all staff and golfers in implementing these updated allowances.
Click here for Golf Facility Guidance
Sector Specific Workplace Safety Standards for Golf Facilities
Click here for Youth and Amateur Sports Guidance
The following language is no longer included in the golf facility guidelines on Mass.gov for Phase III Step 2
FLAGSTICKS AND HOLE LINERS
REMOVED: Notify golfers that flag sticks must remain in the hole. Hole liners must be raised or otherwise adjusted so that players do not reach into the hole to retrieve a ball.
- It is at the discretion of the golf facility whether or not they would like to use hole liners.
- It is at the discretion of the golf facility whether or not they will allow flag sticks to be removed.
- NOTE: Golfers should ask the golf facility prior to their round whether or not they can remove the flag stick from the hole.
DOUBLE RIDER CARTS
REMOVED: Golf carts to be used only if each cart is used by and contains only a single rider or a group of golfers living in the same house.
- It is at the discretion of the golf facility whether or not they would like to allow use of double rider golf carts by individuals not living in the same household.
- NOTE: Golfers should ask the golf facility prior to their round whether or not they are allowing double rider golf carts to be used by individuals not living in the same household.
The Alliance of Massachusetts Golf Organizations (AMGO) will continue to work with the Governor's Administration and communicate with our respective memberships as updates are made available regarding the clarification and/or any relaxing of guidelines. Our staff is here to help you with any questions you may have as we continue to safely play golf.
Please visit MassGolf.org and follow @PlayMassGolf on social media for up to date information.