The Country Club is a year-round, equal opportunity employer with competitive wages, expansive benefit package including on site housing, meals, 401(k) plan, medical and dental insurance, golf privileges, vacation and sick time, educational support and much more. Compensation will be based on experience.
Host of the 2022 US Open, The Country Club is not only the oldest country club in the United States; it is one of the largest in the Northeast. Nestled on 236 acres of land, The Country Club has over 250,000 square feet of building space. In addition to 27 holes of Golf, the Club maintains 3 dining rooms, event facilities, Curling, 2 Tennis facilities, PaddleTennis, Squash, Pool and Pool Café, Fitness Center, Ice Skating, Cross Country Skiing and more.
In preparation for the U.S. Open we will be working closely with Course Architect Gil Hanse, on course wide enhancements and master plan improvements. As a member of the Grounds department, you will be involved in all facets of golf course maintenance and operations, including in house construction projects. The ideal candidate must be a team
player with a drive, passion and positive attitude, striving to succeed in the turf industry.
Assistant-in-Training position reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent and Director of Grounds.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Superintendents in managing all aspects of a large scale grounds operations
- Involvement in daily operations and management meetings
- Assists in the maintenance and record keeping of a very large equipment fleet
- Winter Maintenance and Construction
- Working with a leadership team to maintain a culture that results in successful career-oriented people
Education and Experience:
- Certificate, Associate or Bachelor's degree in Turfgrass Management or related field.
- Minimum of two years golf course experience is preferred, but willing to train the right candidate.
- Mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn.
- Massachusetts Pesticide Applicators License within 60 days of employment.
- Massachusetts Hoisting License within 180 days of employment.
If you are interested in this position, please contact David Johnson at the email below.
David Johnson, Director of Grounds
191 Clyde Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467