MASSACHUSETTS WILL RELAX FACE COVERINGS ORDER AND REMOVE GOLF FACILITY GUIDELINES (Effective 4/30/21)
On Friday, April 30th, Massachusetts will permanently eliminate golf specific guidance and the Face Coverings Order will be relaxed for some outdoor settings, inclusive of golf activity.
Read Full Press Release Here
Effective April 30th, there will no longer be specific “golf facility guidelines” that need to be followed. All courses, clubs and golf facilities can implement any additional safety measures as they see fit.
- Face coverings will still be required at all times in indoor public places, with exceptions in the sector-specific rules (e.g., eating, in your own office).
- Face coverings will be required outside in public when it is not possible to socially distance, and at other times required by sector-specific guidance (e.g., at events or gatherings).
- Masks will not be required out on the golf course or in practice areas (ranges, chipping and putting areas) if social distancing can be maintained.
- Other aspects of golf facility operations including clubhouse activities should be addressed through those sector specific guidelines (i.e. restaurants, gyms, functions/gatherings, retail, etc.)
Phase 1 Guidance to be removed on April 30th:
- Industries with no previous capacity limits will follow general business guidance
- All others will follow sectors not otherwise addressed
- Phase 1 Industry Guidance to be removed:
Please continue to check back frequently for any updates by the Governor’s Administration.
Mass Golf COVID News and Updates