About Cape Cod National Golf Club
Cape Cod National Golf Club (CCN) is an 18-hole championship golf course located in Brewster, Massachusetts. Founded by John & Linda Pfeffer, Cape Cod National opened its doors in 1998. Our Brian Silva designed layout has received numerous accolades over the years and is regularly recognized in state and national rankings. We are golf only facility. Privately owned and managed the club with 250 members and a significant waiting list. Member satisfaction is high, with nearly no resignations in the past two years.
Our Greens are constructed to USGA specifications and planted with L-93.
Currently, we are in the process of applying Poacure to eliminate Annual Bluegrass from our putting surfaces. Over the past few years, our greens have been aggressively over-seeded with new varieties of bentgrass further improve playability. The Tee Boxes and Fairways are a mix of creeping bentgrass, colonial bentgrass, and chewings fescue.
Constant improvement is a cornerstone of our culture at Cape Cod National. This past fall we completed several projects such as rebuilding the driving range tee, expanding our short game area, re-facing several bunkers, and enhancing cart path access. Over the years the club has invested heavily in maintenance equipment to ensure that we have the resources we need to provide the playing conditions the members expect. Our last three Lead Assistants moved on to Head Superintendent Positions with the most recent one securing a head position in the spring of 2020.
We are seeking a highly motivated Assistant Superintendent who is looking to take the next step in their career with the ultimate goal of becoming a Head Superintendent. We are looking for someone to work side by side with our crew of 25 employees to help provide our members with the best playing conditions possible. We provide a positive work environment with a reasonable work/life balance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work hand in hand with the superintendent to develop and implement an agronomic program.
- Create implement daily maintenance schedules
- Recruit, train, and supervise a staff of 25 in season.
- Supervise, record, and participate in fertilizer and chemical applications (We are currently using Playbooks chemical app program) (GPS sprayer has been purchased for 2021 season)
- Communicate with the equipment manager to ensure needed equipment is ready for use. Ensure equipment is cleaned and stored properly.
- Involved in the daily course setup and inspection.
- Assist in water management; irrigation scheduling, monitoring (TDR), hand watering with the goal of a firm turf is healthy turf.
- Assist and supervise safe tree management practices i.e. removals, pruning, and tree health applications.
- Must be able to safely operate equipment relate to in house golf course improvement projects
- Involved in budget development and implementation
- Certificate, 2 or 4-year degree in turf or related focus.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a 2nd assistant or AIT at a similar level club
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for the game of golf including the desire to play and a general understanding of the rules.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have or obtain Ma Category 37 Commercial Turf Pesticide license within 90 days of hire.
Salary and Benefits
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Eric Strzepek, Golf Course Superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org
- $48-55k Annual salary BOE
- Holiday Bonus
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% Match
- 100% of Individual Health Insurance
- Earn Time Off
- Paid Sick Time
- Short and Long term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Uniforms & Uniform Allowance
- Golfing Privileges
- Regional & National Dues
- Local & Regional continuing education
- Transitional housing assistance