Job Title: Harmony Field Merchandiser
Harmony Outdoor Brands, LLC was created and founded from a desire to have a premium sod grass brand, that conformed to the geographic needs of each region of the U.S., and measured up to industry best practices. Harmony is the Nation’s #1 provider of turfgrass. We are currently seeking a self-motivated independent contractor to be a Harmony Field Merchandiser. This position services our retail partners in the DC Area / Boston, MA Area (2 separate ones) under the direction of the Territory Manager. The ideal candidate is independent, ambitious and driven to succeed.
- Regular store visits in multiple retail locations in a pre-determined geographic area (territory)
- Take inventory of sod at stores in territory
- Inspecting sod hut (sod display outside Garden) to include structure stability and condition
- Partner and build relationships with retail store associates
- Provide training to associates in garden on the ways of selling Harmony Sod
- Regularly distribute sales tool collateral at Garden Department, Customer Service Desk and PRO Sales Desk
- Use company provided mobile technology to perform basic job functions and provide store updates and photos
- Maintain a quick work pace with effective time management
- Must have flexibility and adaptability to changes in territory coverage.
- This position averages 30-35 hours per week
Key Attributes for Success:
- Ability to operate efficiently under minimal supervision (self-managed role)
- Strong attention to detail.
- A willingness to be trained and follow procedures accurately
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Must have daytime availability M- F
- Ability to lift 20 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
- Be able to climb ladder unassisted and use basic tools
- High school diploma, GED, or 1-2 years of retail sales or merchandising experience.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills as this position requires daily discussions with customers at all personnel levels.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, elevated sense of urgency, and attention to detail.
- Adaptability to changing demands and client goals.
- Strength working independently, but also as a member of the larger company team
Job Type: Seasonal / Contract
Salary: $16.00 to $18.50 /hour
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com