Interested in pursuing your career in Turfgrass Management with Barrett Tree Service East? Talk to us about the growth potential and opportunities we have available for you! BTSE is an TCIA-Accredited Tree Care Company, with offices in Medford and Newton, Massachusetts. We are a rapidly growing, independently-owned company providing safe and high-quality professional tree care and turfgrass services throughout Greater Boston. We work with a variety of clients and in spaces from back yards in Newton, Arlington and Cambridge to the Emerald Necklace, Rose Kennedy Greenway and the Boston Public Gardens.
We are currently seeking a Turf Specialist to join our newly established lawn care department. The successful applicant will be in charge of managing turfgrass accounts on various properties in the Boston metro area, including but not limited to education, sales and treatment. Applicants must love working outdoors in all types of weather and have a passion for hard work, safety, and attention to detail. Ideal applicant will be self-directed and engaged in the development of this new department.
The position is currently seasonal working from March to December with opportunities for future growth. We seek reliable individuals with a strong work ethic to join our team. While we reward experience in arboriculture, we offer extensive training and continuing education for all levels.
- 5 years’ relevant experience
- Turfgrass Management background preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be physically able to perform the daily work demands of the job in accordance with standards set forth by management.
- Must be able to read, write and interpret documents in the English language, e.g. safety rules, material safety data sheets (MSDS), operating repair, installation and procedure instruction manuals.
- Must possess a valid Massachusetts commercial pesticide license in the proper categories
- Pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check part of candidate selection process
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
· Health & dental insurance
· SIMPLE IRA with matching program
· Tuition reimbursement
· Paid holidays and vacation allowance
· Clothing, gear and boot allowance
· Continuing education and professional development including turfgrass seminars related to pesticide license requirements
Send your resume in PDF or Microsoft Word file format to Carlos Reyes at CReyes@barretttreeeast.com. Please include with your resume a description expressing why are you interested in establishing your career at Barret Tree Service East.