The Town of Yarmouth is searching for a Golf Course Technician III to join their Golf Division team!
Working under the general/direct supervision of Assistant Golf Course Superintendent, job duties include but not limited to chemical applications, irrigation monitoring and repair, mowing, watering, and some heavy equipment operation.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalency required.
- Two years of increasingly responsible experience in golf course maintenance and operating a variety of landscaping, and turf equipment; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Physical requirements Ability to perform heavy manual labor under varying weather conditions for long periods of time.
- Ability to drive turf equipment for long periods of time during all types of weather conditions.
- Incumbent is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear.
- The incumbent must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to conduct visual inspections while working in field.
- MA Hoisting license grade 2B
- MA Pesticide Applicator license
- MA Class D Drivers License
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit an employment application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Golf Course Tech III" in the subject line and include your full name, address, phone number and email address on the cover letter and resume.
Applications received prior to July 23, 2020 will receive preference.
Please go to www.yarmouth.ma.us/jobs/aspx & complete an employment application form. (Current employees are not required to complete an employment application form).
The Town of Yarmouth is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans/M/F. We encourage Veterans and those with Disabilities to apply. Applications are reviewed confidentially. Applicants that require accommodation in the job application process are encouraged to contact us at (508) 398-2231 x1274 or email email@example.com for assistance