Cape Cod National Golf Club, Brewster, Massachusetts
Cape Cod National Golf Club is an 18 hole private golf club located in Brewster, MA. The golf course was designed by Brian Silva and opened for play in 1997. The club was awarded as one of the top private clubs to open in that same year. The club has 250 members, with a waiting list, and ~12,000 rounds per year. Operating budget is approx. $1.4 million with $150k of equipment capital investment annually. Greens are built to USGA spec and were grassed with L-93. Current assistant has accepted a head superintendents position and we are seeking a candidate who's looking to take the next step in their career.
Duties of the position include but not limited to:
- Supervise, lead, evaluate, and train staff of 25
- Create daily maintenance schedules
- Water management skills i.e. hand watering, TDR, and irrigation scheduling via Rain Bird Nimbus II
- Perform fertilizer and chemical applications as well as equipment calibration
- Skilled in safe tree management i.e. pruning and felling
- Record Keeping; both day to day tasks as well as pest and fert applications via Playbooks app.
- Safely be able to run equipment related to in house projects; excavators, loaders, skid steers etc.
- Must have a passion for the game of golf, play golf, and have basic understanding of the rules of golf.
- Must have or be able to obtain Massachusetts Category 37 pesticide license within 6 months of hire.
2 to 4 year degree in turf or related field . Will consider candidates with certificate based on length of experience.
Candidates should have 3-5 year experience as an assistant at a similar level club.
Annual salary, transitional housing, health insurance (individual is no cost, and 90 days probationary period ), vacation after 1 year, short and long term disability, Christmas bonus, uniform allowance, IRA with employer match, discounted meals (in season), opportunities for continuing education both locally and nationally, and golfing privileges, dues for local and national associations
$55,000 - $65,000 BOE
Job Application Instructions
Please send resume and cover letters to Eric Strzepek at email@example.com