We are looking for a Sales Director who will be managing, directing and evaluating the selling efforts of Territory Managers in the Northeast Region, specifically the New England & Upstate New York Region.
This position also will assist with meeting, market planning and technical development of products and services for the organization.
Harrell’s is the leading producer of customized agronomic solutions, but our success is completely dependent on the success of our customers. We want to contribute their success any way we can, helping them succeed regardless of a sale.
Our Sales Director are responsible for the following:
- Make daily and weekly contact with each territory manager with the flexibility to be available for calls or correspondence if needed.
- Ride along with territory managers to assist with sales calls, deliveries, training/education, industry support, etc.
- Develop sales forecasts and strategies.
- Recommend pricing strategies and promotional programs for customers in assigned territory.
- Maintains personal contact with key customers in assigned markets.
- Recruits and interviews candidates for Territory Manager positions.
- Analyzes selling activity and trends of Territory Manager’s numbers.
- Assist territory managers with organizational skills, account strategies, territory management, controlling expenses and administrative responsibilities to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained and sales targets are successfully met.
- Keep informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers. Check on competitive activity and develop new methods of retaining customers and attaining new accounts.
- Maintain up-to-date information regarding your group’s margin dollars.
- Attend state and national meeting and conferences as required
- Develop fertilizer formulations for custom mixes for Territory Managers and customers.
- Working knowledge of plant protectants, including but not limited to, herbicides, fungicides, insecticides, foliar nutritionals.
- Work as a liaison between management and all other company departments
- Promote company business model to sales force.
- Lead, organize and budget regional educational series, including but not limited to local/regional trade shows, field days, educational seminars and round tables.
- Provides growth opportunities for the company using factual market information that may incorporate possibilities based on feelings and impressions but keeping in target with the company’s goal.
- Maintain a good rapport with your staff, by making sure the lines of communication are open.
- Maintain valid licenses, certifications and/or permits required to perform responsibilities.
- Oversee employee compliance with all Federal, State and Local ordinances, as well as Company policies and programs.
- Work in conjunction with Warehouse and Inventory Manager’s on recommending necessary stock items in regions warehouse.
A Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Business, Agriculture or related field is required and at least five years of sales or industry experience. The candidate must be able to obtain any industry license and certifications required.
If you are interested a great career with a reputable and growing company, please visit our website and apply at www.harrells.com/careers.