Manager of Communications
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications & Marketing
STATUS: Regular/non-exempt, full-time employee
START DATE: Immediate
APP DEADLINE: Friday, August 23rd, 5:00 PM EST
LOCATION: Golf House in Norton, MA. Travel within the state (and region on occasion) is required.
Reporting to the Director of Communications & Marketing, the Manager of Communications will be responsible for the communications efforts of Mass Golf, serving as the primary point of contact for all media relations. This individual has a range of responsibilities, which include: writing, editing, archiving, webpage management, graphic design, social media, proactive media pitching and the facilitation of interview requests.
The Manager of Communications will serve as a forward-thinking expert in the field that actively keeps abreast of trends and tools and helps educate the broader media relations team to identify and seize opportunities that arise.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Develop comprehensive communications plan that supports the mission and vision of Mass Golf.
• Responsible for written communication for Mass Golf/affiliated events which may include press releases, previews, player/host club storylines, daily recaps, summaries and results. Coverage also includes posting to website and social media and distribution to local/regional media.
• Own all aspects of content management for association website. Edit/build website pages and structure; serve as a go to resource on the team for the website and help educate the staff on website processes and infrastructure.
• Manage photographer schedule for Mass Golf/affiliated events
• Record keeping and archiving for historical reference
• Facilitate media requests with local, regional, national and niche media and social media influencers. Be present and accountable for all interviews for assigned events and any other announcements.
• Assist with the design and creation of promotional materials including e-mail blasts, signage, banners, logos/marks and collateral pieces in support of Mass Golf’s brand, values, mission and vision.
• Assist with daily posting and scheduling of posts on social media platforms
• Assist with reviewing and editing MassGolfer Magazine, Mass Golf’s quarterly publication
• Provide exemplary customer service to internal and external constituents
• Coordinate with departments on the distribution of information for the membership
• Collaborate across departments to ensure all public-facing materials originate with the marketing and communications office. Includes graphics, sponsored promotions, content, logos, etc.
• Assist with oversight of summer intern(s) and be an active participant in fostering, learning and development by delegating to interns and staff
• Develop system for organization and archiving of the Massachusetts Golf Hall of Fame & Museum
• Special projects as assigned by Director of Communications & Marketing
• Demonstrate exceptional communication (written, verbal and PR skills)
• Expert in Microsoft Office Products
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
• Proficient with Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Graphic design and/or multimedia storytelling and editing experience (Premier, Photoshop, Adobe Spark, etc.) preferred.
• Possess a strong work ethic/organizational skills and manage a series of projects with multiple teams/groups.
• Experience with Content Management Systems and HTML/CSS
• Experience with E-mail Marketing Software
• Knowledge of and passion for the sport of golf is preferred
• Understanding of, and commitment to the goals and philosophy of Mass Golf
• Charismatic, personable, and motivational in working with colleagues, volunteers and industry representatives.
• Proven ability to learn quickly, work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and to skillfully distill/synthesize emerging information to senior level staff
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
• 2-4 years of related communications experience.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Must possess ability to work extended days, work nights, weekends and potentially holidays, as required, with travel around the state of Massachusetts
• Ability to operate and carry camera equipment (up to 25 lbs)
Please send cover letter, resume, references and salary expectations/rationale to:
Director of Communications & Marketing