Eastward Ho! is a private, nationally ranked 18-hole Herbert Fowler design located on the coastline of Cape Cod in Chatham, Massachusetts. Built in 1922 the course encompasses 130 acres situated directly on a pristine 1.5 mile stretch of Atlantic Ocean shorefront. The classic Fowler design boasts unique architecture that follows the topography of glacial moraines and is considered one of the finest ocean style golf courses in the World.
The Assistant position is an entry level, full-time position that works closely with the superintendent and assistants. The Assistant must be capable of leading a seasoned crew through projects, applications, and daily operations. The successful candidate will be an individual who understands the requirements and demands of turf maintenance at a high-level private facility and who knows what it takes to be the best.
Current rankings include: Golf Magazine – “Top 100 Courses in the U.S.” (#57), Golf Week – “Top 200 Classic” (#43), Golf Digest- “Americas best courses on the water” (#15), Golf Club Atlas – “Custodians of the Game” (#72 [#31 in U.S.]).
The successful candidate may look forward to being deeply involved in a number of career development highlights during the next one to four years, including: master plan improvement projects under the guidance of an internationally renowned architect, installation of a new state of the art HDPE irrigation system and ongoing in-house improvement projects.
- Must hold or must obtain, within 6 months of hire, a turf certificate, 2-year or 4-year degree.
- Attend continuing educational turf seminars.
- Must be able to obtain a spray license from the state of MA within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to obtain a hoisting license from the state of MA within 6 months of hire.
- Acquire and maintain licenses by meeting education requirements.
- Must be motivated by demanding work environment.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and attitude.
- Computer and organizational skills.
- Onsite Housing at no charge
- Health Insurance
- Paid vacation/sick, personal, & holiday
- Life insurance
- Uniform and shoe allowance
- Local chapter education
- Golfing privileges
$20-$22/hour. Highly competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. Housing and bonus.
Date Job is Available
Job Application Instructions
Email cover letter, references and resume to Fhancock@eastwardho.net