White Cliffs Country Club and Community Association is a Gary Player designed Par 62 course. It is located on Cape Cod Bay in the town of Plymouth Massachusetts. The resort style property consists of an 18-hole golf course, 358 upscaled housing units, clubhouse, 4 Har-tru clay tennis courts, indoor pool, beach, and fitness center. This position is an excellent opportunity for learning and growth within the industry.
The Assistant Superintendent will be responsible for supervising employees within department. This includes scheduling, delegate daily assignments, training, hiring, firing, disciplining, and ensuring all department employees comply with the rules and regulations outlined in the White Cliffs employee handbook. The Assistant Superintendent will be directly involved in all granular and chemical applications as well as all irrigation practices and repairs, on a day to day basic. The Assistant Superintendent will report daily to the Superintendent/Director of Operations and assists in daily, weekly, and monthly planning meetings ensuring the thorough completion of all ground’s maintenance practices. The Assistant Superintendent will be called upon to supervise department employees while ensuring the thorough completion of maintaining the habitat within the golf course. The Assistant Superintendent will also be involved in the snow removal program.
The Assistant Superintendent will be one of three Assistants. This position will require someone with excellent communication skills, team work ethics, and the ability to motivate crew members to achieve their best.
Supervisory experience required
- 3 years minimum turf grass management experience required
- Must possess basic computer skills – Word and Excel •Must be highly organized and efficient with a high attention to detail
- Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Inspect the entire golf course daily, monitor the conditioning and playability of all 18 holes.
- Works as a key player in the snow removal operations.
- Instruct and train staff in safe equipment use, proper maintenance, and safe operating procedures.
- Organize and keep accurate records on maintenance procedures, pesticide/fertilizer applications, safety meetings, and staff assignments.
- Works closely with the management team, meeting daily to review the day’s activities and to set up the following days activities.
- Works closely with the management team in preparing short-term and long-term agronomic strategies to maintain the golf course in tournament condition daily.
- Participates in the operation and repairs of pumps, irrigation, and drainage systems.
- Works closely with the management team to help provide good morale and a positive work environment.
- Valid driver’s license
- Have or obtain MA pesticide applicators license Category 37 and a MA Hoisting Engineers License, within 6 months of employment.
- Applicant should be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and ability work weekends and holidays when assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is $69,000 - $72,000 dependent on experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance coverage, 401K, sick time, vacation time, and holiday pay. Association dues and meetings, golf privileges, and uniforms. Being one of three Assistants allows for a 35–48-hour 5-day work week allowing for family time.
Degree or certificate in Turfgrass Management or related field. Or the right attitude to succeed in this industry.
Date Position is Available
January of 2023
How to Apply
Email resume to: Lianne@Whitecliffscc.com