Equipment Manager Opening- Bay Club at Mattapoisett
The Bay Club is looking for an experienced, talented, and dedicated Equipment Manager to join a team that is focused on providing the best conditions to members and guests daily. The Club is in the process of making major investments in replacing equipment. The equipment manager reports to the golf course superintendent and/or the assistant golf course superintendent and oversees a comprehensive preventive maintenance program for the golf course assets. This program includes the diagnostics and repair of failing equipment, keeping records of parts and labor needed to maintain each piece of equipment, and placing orders for parts and supplies needed for equipment or service. The equipment manager properly communicates any needs or problems relating to the maintenance or repair of equipment to the superintendent and/or the assistant superintendent. The equipment manager places safety as a top priority and is responsible for maintaining a clean service area and maintenance building.
- Inspects, diagnoses, and repairs mechanical defects/failures in various golf course maintenance equipment, including, diesel-, electric- and gasoline-powered automobiles, trucks, trenchers, sweepers, rollers, mowers, and other mechanical equipment used in utility work.
- Instructs and/or trains golf course maintenance workers regarding preventive maintenance, and the proper cleaning of and safe operation of equipment.
- Prioritizes equipment repair and maintenance work.
- Maintains a preventive maintenance program within budget on all equipment, and purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
- Keeps a complete set of records for equipment and parts inventory purchases, equipment conditions, costs of repairs and preventive maintenance for all equipment.
- Spot checks equipment for performance on the course, makes emergency repairs to equipment on the course, and services or supervises servicing of equipment prior to use.
- Oversees the shop area maintenance.
- Regulates employees' use of equipment in absence of superintendent and assistant superintendent, if needed, and performs other duties as directed by the superintendent.
- Recommends equipment purchases and leases.
- Working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment and automotive apparatuses.
- Skill in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools, and the making of various types of mechanical repair.
- Working knowledge of the theory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines and mowing equipment.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession.
- Ability to move heavy objects.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
- Proficiency in computer use, knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applications as specified by supervisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively and keep business records.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to play the game of golf and understand how job performance affects the playing conditions of the golf course.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years as a Head Equipment Manager or Assistant EM.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to work in a team atmosphere where the goal is to exceed member expectations.
- Very Competitive Salary, DOE.
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Holiday Bonus
- Health, Dental, 401K, Uniforms, Lunch in season
- Paid Time Off, Sick Time
- Continuing Education Opportunities
All applications will be kept confidential.
To apply please send resumes to Pat Meehan, Golf Course Superintendent, at email@example.com