High School diploma. College education, trade school, or advanced certifications preferred.
Must have a mechanical background with experience in electrical, gasoline and diesel engines, hydraulics, utility/golf carts and welding.
- Ability to fix small engines in equipment such as rotary push mowers, back pack blowers and weed eaters
- Team-oriented person with good communication skills (oral and written)
- Positive attitude
- Organized and able to keep shop area clean
- Knowledge of reel grinding, set-up and performance a plus-can provide training if needed
- Ability to maintain a preventative maintenance program on all equipment while tracking all equipment service and expenses for budget purposes
Wanumetonomy Golf and Country Club (WGCC) will be celebrating its 100-year anniversary in 2022. This is a great opportunity to join a team-oriented facility with so much history in Rhode Island and the Middletown community.
Wanumetonomy, translated as "windy hill" according to local lore, was founded in 1922 and is located on the western edge of Aquidneck Island in Middletown, Rhode Island. The 18-hole course, whose fairways wind their way along the contours of Wanumetonomy's hillside expanse, provides the player an always-changing view of Narragansett Bay's East Passage.
Famed golf course architect Seth Raynor in the “sea coast” style of few trees and open fields designed the course. Golf course architect Ron Prichard, under contract to Wanumetonomy Golf and Country Club, developed a Master Plan to accomplish long-term restorations. Long respected by Rhode Island golfers, Wanumetonomy, replete with stylish bunkers that challenge the equanimity of the most accomplished golfer, takes its place among the state's finest golf courses.
Health and retirement plans, national and local association dues paid, golfing privileges, uniforms and tournament networking experience.
Please send cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org